11 August 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) What were the causes and consequences of First World War? Explain its significance to India.
2) Critically examine why there has been an increase in bad loans in banks in India. Comment on government’s and RBI’s response to tackle this problem.
3) Critically discuss the problem of antibiotic resistance, its sources, causes and government’s policy measures in India.
4) ‘SLR is the most important remaining barrier to the development of a meaningful market for government securities.” What do you understand by this statement? Elaborate.
5) Write a note on SEBI’s recent launch of Real Estate and Infrastructure Investment Trusts.
6) ‘The passage of the Securities Laws (Amendment) Bill by Parliament is an important step in empowering the Securities and Exchange Board of India to deal with financial shenanigans.” Elucidate.