08 August 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Critically examine the challenges that Afghanistan faces in its efforts towards achieving domestic stability.
2) Examine which factors influence the inflow of FDI into a country. In the Indian context examine how FDI can boost innovation in different sectors.
3) Examine the challenges being faced by the electricity utility industry in India. Suggest measures to overcome these challenges.
4) Examine why there is a demand for amending the Consumer Protection Act, 1986? Comment on its present provisions.
5) Discuss the contribution of Ravindranath Tagore to the art and culture of India.
6) Write a note on the art of Bidri .
7) Critically comment on India’s position on ongoing climate change talks. In your opinion, what should be the priority areas for negotiating countries post – Kyoto Protocol.
8) “In India, the vulnerability of old age is created out of the political economy of dependency.” Critically comment.