04 August 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1) Write a critical note on the importance and methods of evaluating government schemes that are funded by the taxpayers’ money.
2) Write a note on ‘3P India’, announced in the 2014 General Budget.
3) Examine the World Bank’s Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) index, its poverty estimation method and its impact on India.
4) Which activities in an economy constitutes ‘Black Economy’? Why are they considered Black? What is their impact on overall economy? Examine.
5) Critically examine why female foeticide still continues in India and the measures taken by the union and state governments to stop this practice.
6) “The UGC is not able to do justice to its mandate in light of ‘massification’ of higher education”. Critically comment.
7) In your opinion, what qualities are required in a Bureaucrat and how those qualities should be tested in the entrance exam to civil services? Elucidate.
8) Examine how and by which institutions and policy measures the wildlife conservation is being carried on in India. Suggest any improvements.