[UPSC MAINS-2014] Insights Secure Mains, 01 August 2014
- August 1, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
01 August 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) In recent years, even generic drug companies are penalised for delaying manufacture of important drugs. Critically examine why these delays are caused, who penalises these companies and the consequences of these delays.
2) “Given these practical problems, merely scrapping APMC laws will not quite work. We need to provide competition to mandis so that they become more transparent.” Critically examine the existing merits and demerits of APMC law and suggest alternatives in the light of the given statement.
3) Write a note on union government’s new scheme – Financial Inclusion Mission.
4) Write a note on the use of antibiotics in food industry and its relationship with antibiotic resistance in humans.
5) Critically discuss the issue of gun control in USA.
6) Examine the criticisms against the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation Act, which was notified in December 2013.