30 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Critically comment on the nature of tribunals, their composition and their relationship with the executive and judiciary.
2) Write a note on WTO’s Agreement on Subsidies and Countervailing Measures (“SCM Agreement”) and examine how much of India’s policies are consistent with these measures.
3) Write a critical note on the composition and functions of the Genetic Engineering Approval Committee (GEAC)
4) Critically examine the concerns expressed by Nepal in its bilateral relationship with India.
5) Is UPSC civil service exam’s CSAT paper discriminatory? Critically comment.
6) ” If we allow the dangerous global trends towards unhealthy, processed and packaged foods to overwhelm the food culture in India, the direct and indirect public cost is likely to be enormous. ” Comment.