[UPSC MAINS-2014] Insights Secure-2014, July 29
- July 29, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
29 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) “India’s silence on critical global issues fits poorly with its global aspirations.” Critically comment.
2) “To build an inclusive society, the police needs an urgent overhaul and wide reform.” Critically comment.
3) Examine why efforts to conserve elephants worldwide is challenging and not yielding desired results.
4) A recognised leader of the opposition (LoP) is necessary for the proper and harmonious functioning of Parliament and for the working of several of the recently enacted laws. In the light of the statement critically comment on the selection procedure of LoP and the importance of this position in the Parliament and outside.
5) Critically discuss on what grounds different groups are opposing the field trials of Genetically Modified crops in India.