[UPSC MAINS-2014] Insights Secure – 2014, July 28
- July 28, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
28 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) “India should press for a comprehensive bilateral – or possibly trilateral, involving Bangladesh – treaty with China on water sharing that is open to international scrutiny and adjudication.” Comment why.
2) Critically comment on India’s stance on all WTO related issues.
3) What were the highlights of the lapsed Judicial Standards and Accountability Bill? Why was the bill introduced? Explain.
4) Write a note on the Buddhist values and their relevance today.
5) The poverty is not an independent cause of malnutrition. An improvement in sanitation and cleanliness will eliminate much of the difference in malnutrition between India and the rest of the world, and across Indian States. In the light of the statement, critically analyse the nature of malnutrition in India and what factors should be kept in mind while framing strategies to deal with it.
6) Write a note on the U.N. Convention on the Law of Sea (UNCLOS) and its relevance to India.
7) Radical plans by the World Bank to relax the conditions on which it lends up to $50 billion a year to developing countries have been condemned as potentially disastrous for the environment and likely to weaken protection of indigenous peoples and the poor. Critically examine.
8) Critically analyse India’s nuclear liability law and examine what effects it has on the growth of nuclear sector in India.