22 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Write a note on the applications of Nanotechnology in the agriculture field with special reference to India’s initiatives.
2) What is ‘bilateral advance-pricing agreement (APA) ‘? Why and between who this agreement is signed? Explain.
3) “The Indian government has made it clear that the Bali agreement will not be ratified unless Indian demands are met. This is both a strategic and a tactical mistake.” Critically comment.
4) Critically comment on the important provisions of the Lokpal act which became operational in 2013.
5) Critically examine the contours of India’s relationship with Israel vis a vis Palestine issue.
6) Write a critical note on the issue surrounding One Rank One Pension (OROP) policy.
7) “Special provisions become self-defeating when they merely result in further segregation.” With reference to the debate on effectiveness of creating special provisions for disabled persons instead of universalising these provisions, critically comment on the statement.
8) Critically discuss India’s relationship with Nepal.