21 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) In the light of recent events in some parts of the world, critically analyse the role played by ‘non-state actors’ in deciding the outcome of conflicts between states and within states.
2) ” Land markets are arguably the most distorted factor markets in India. Its issues are at the heart of India’s most pressing challenges from governance to growth, education to manufacturing, taxation to urbanisation, and environment to energy.” Critically comment.
3) Comment on the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) and its objectives.
4) In the light of both domestic and foreign policy initiatives, critically examine India’s energy security scenario.
5) Why, in your opinion various forms of discrimination persist in India in spite of constitutional safeguards? Critically comment.
6) ‘ Enacting a comprehensive law that covers all aspects of GM crops should be a priority.’ Examine the existing policy on GM crops and explain what needs to be done to make existing laws comprehensive.
7) Critically comment on the Social Progress Imperative and explain how is it different from other indices that strive to measure development.