17 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Critically evaluate the idea of BRICS Bank and its significance to India.
2) Explain the factors that determine the growth of exports in India.
3) Critically comment on the changing role of women in Indian families and society in last two decades.
4) Critically evaluate how and with what results the fight against AIDS was carried out by UN and the global community with special reference to India.
5) Write a note on the Namami Ganga initiative and examine the challenges lie ahead.
6) Critically comment on the design and implementation of the Rashtriya Ucchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) scheme.
7) Do you think a repeal and re-enactment of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 (the JJ Act), the country’s primary law dealing with children in conflict with the law and children in need of care is needed? Explain why.
8) Examine why southern states of India are more urbanised that their counterparts in the rest of India.
9) ‘The modern Indian city is a wasted place; it has in fact never endorsed any particular urban values, nor had the will to govern. ‘ Critically comment.