[UPSC MAINS 2014} Insights Secure -2014: Questions on Current Events, 16 July 2014
16 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1)Critically comment on India’s policy on agricultural subsidies. Examine why is this an issue with some of WTO members.
2) Why does India want to become member of APEC group? Analyse benefits of joining the group.
3) In the light of recent court judgements on the issue of granting compulsory licences to Indian companies to manufacture generic drugs, critically discuss the associated IPR issues and significance of these judgements.
4) From India’s perspective, explain why is it important to reform both UNSC and IMF.
5) Write a critical note on various environmental movements held to conserve and protect ecology and biodiversity in various parts of the country since independence.
6) Critically examine the concerns raised by various groups and the Supreme Court regarding the construction of dams in the Himalayan regions. Do you think they are justified? Critically comment.
7) What is your opinion on the retrospective tax amendment issue? Do you think this amendment was necessary? What’s the position of the Supreme Court? Examine.
8) Discuss the relationship between India and Russia in the energy sector. Write a note on future prospects.