07 July 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1) Write a note on the Economic Policy Uncertainty (EPU) index and its relevance to India.
2) ‘ India’s growth model needs to change from being consumption-driven to investment-driven.’ In the light of fall in GDP growth during last few years, comment on the statement.
3) What do you understand by absolute poverty? Discuss about urban poverty in India in the light of estimates given by various committee reports.
4) What is bio-fertilizer? Explain its importance and examine if there any policies in India to encourage its production and distribution.
5) Critically comment on the causes behind rise in drug abuse cases in Punjab.
6) In your opinion, what factors are preventing India and USA from capitalizing on their strategic partnership? Critically analyse.
7) Write a detailed note on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) and its benefits especially for India.
8) Critically comment on the constitutional provisions and the actual procedures adopted for the appointment and removal of Governors in India. Also explain the opinion of the Supreme Court in this matter.
9) According to reports and various opinions, the declining standards of medical education coupled with poor health service delivery continue to be major national concerns. Discuss the reforms needed in the health sector to improve the standards of medical education and health delivery.