30 May 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. Critically comment on the relevance of Gujral Doctrine to India’s foreign policy vis a vis its neighbours.
2. Examine how the Union government and state governments can cooperate to make Public Distribution System more efficient.
3. Write a note on Euroclear. Why is India keen to join it? Explain.
4. Critically examine the difficulties faced in financing climate change mitigation efforts. What measures have been taken so far by the countries and international organizations? Evaluate.
5. If you are a senior officer in the Ministry of Home Affairs, what new ideas would you give your minister to tighten internal security apparatus in the country? Critically comment.
6. Critically evaluate the steps taken during the Eleventh Five year plan to boost higher education sector.
7. Write a note on relationship between India and Germany in the filed of science and technology.
8. In your opinion, what are the major reasons behind delays in project clearances in India and what are its consequences? Critically examine.
9. Critically comment on Rohingya related controversy in Myanmar.
10. What role did Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad play in post Independent India in building a new nation? Critically examine.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. Explain different technologies involved in Formula 1 racing.
12. Examine the causes of obesity around the world. Discuss its effect on health.