28 May 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. The subsidy bill in India has increased many folds in recent years. In your opinion, which subsidies need to to be curbed and why? Comment.
2. Examine the problems faced by the e-commerce industry in India. What should government do in this regard?
3. Critically comment on the creative and commercial challenges that the news industry faces in India , across TV, print, radio or online.
4. Write a note on ‘Mee Seva’ project of Andhra Pradesh government.
5. Why was the European Union established. Critically examine why it expanded towards East and with what consequences.
6. What are the salient features of the Prize Chits and Money Circulation Schemes (Banning) Act, 1978? Why was it in news recently? Explain.
7. Examine the supply side problems being faced by Public Distribution System in India. Explain how they can be addressed.
8. Comment on the areas of cooperation between India and China. Do you agree with the view that strong trade relations would eventually make border disputes irrelevant in the future? Comment.
9. Critically evaluate the role played by the European Union in bringing about the European integration within Europe and with rest of the world.
10. Explain how and why Deng Xiaoping brought economic reforms in China. What were its consequences.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. Write a note on the Rhino DNA Indexing System (RhoDIS)