26 May 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. Write a note on the role and importance of National Security Advisor. Do you think there is a need of separate ministry to look after Internal Security in the country? Comment.
2. Examine how recent economic crises have impacted the economy of USA.
3. “The Ministry of External Affairs needs to consider internal affairs and engage important players within the country too.” In the light of giving consideration to federal compulsions in the foreign policy, critically comment on the statement.
4. Comment on the recommendations of P JNayak committee which was set-up to to review the governance of boards of banks in India by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
5. Recently, the US government released its National Climate Assessment report. Critically examine its importance to the rest of the world.
6. Write a note on the composition, necessity, role and mandate of the Law Commission of India.
7. Discuss the cropping pattern of tobacco in India. Critically examine the negative effects of encouraging tobacco cultivation.
8. Critically analyse important areas where constructive relationship between India and USA would mutually benefit the two countries.
9. Write a critical note on some of important government financial products to investors.
10. “Instability in Libya cannot be explained away by clichés of tribalism or fanaticism.” Comment.
11. Discuss the critical issues related to defence procurement and modernisation in India.
12. Critically discuss the impact of globalisation on tribal communities of India.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
13. Write a note on India’s ballistic missile defence programme.