24 May 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. Discuss how budgeting take place in India every year. Compare this with the Budget process of the United States Government.
2. Examine the role played by the radio during freedom struggle.
3. Critically discuss the major threats to wildlife conservation in India. Explain measures taken by the government and different agencies in conserving the wildlife in India.
4. In the light of the importance of hydroelectric power projects (HEPs) to India’s energy security, critically comment on the problems being faced by this sector.
5. Do you agree with the view that the Section 66-A of the Information Technology Act is unconstitutional? Critically comment.
6. In the light of recent policy decisions on gold, critically examine the importance of gold to the Indian economy.
7. Critically comment on the post-Cold War policy of USA and Russia towards Asia. In your opinion which of these two countries is strategically well placed to play larger role in maintaining the stability in the region? Comment.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Write a note on the Rail Track Rocket Sled (RTRS) Penta Rail Supersonic Track.
Write a note on the significance and process of ‘System of Rice Intensification’ (SRI)