12 May 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. Critically analyze the recommendations of Naresh Chandra committee which was set-up to review all all aspects of national security including higher defence management.
2. With an example, explain how the recent verdict by the Supreme Court that prior sanction is not mandatory for the CBI to conduct probe against a senior official will have implications on corruption and good governance.
3. What measures has government taken to impart skills to the labours in unorganized sector? What role can private sector play in this regard? Examine.
4. Write a critical note on the reasons behind increasing ethnic and religious clashes in different parts of Africa.
5. “While harmonising the patent law in the country with the provisions of the TRIPS Agreement, India has attempted to balance its obligations under the international treaty and its commitment to protect and promote the public health considerations of people in the country and elsewhere.” Critically comment.
6. Write a note on Sufism, its origins and its influence on Indian Islam.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. Explain how radiocarbon dating technique works.