09 May 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. Critically comment on the rights issue involved in Supreme Court’s recent judgement upholding the constitutional validity of the provision in the Right to Education Act reserving 25 percent seats in private schools for economically disadvantaged students.
2. Compare and contrast the measures taken by central banks in developed and developing countries post- 2008 financial crisis to revive their economies.
3. Explain the negative effects of El Nino on various sectors of the Indian economy.
4. Critically examine the benefits of reservation in higher education.
5. What do you understand by broad based education system? What are its benefits?
6. Write a note on existing national and international laws and conventions that seek to protect women against violence and discrimination.
7. Write a note on any two important wars that took place post – Second World War which had global consequences.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. What are the possible negative consequences of 3-D printing technology. Examine.