Insights Secure-2014: Questions On Current Events and General Studies
08 May 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. Critically comment on Supreme Court’s ruling that the Section 6A of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act as unconstitutional and examine the implications of this ruling.
2. Examine the status of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) of India with ASEAN countries and the India-European Union (EU) trade agreements.
3. Critically examine the major issues and challenges that India faces as her urbanisation proceeds.
4. Write a note on Jallikattu. Do you agree with the Supreme Court’s ban on the sport? Critically comment.
5. Comment on recent controversy over the Programme for International Student Assessment (Pisa) rankings about learning levels around the world.
6. “While the differences between India and the U.S. over intellectual property rights (IPR) have threatened to derail economic relations, it should be possible to sort them out through discussions.” Comment on the controversy and the way forward in resolution of differences between two countries.
7. Explain the growth of Boko Haram in Nigeria. Comment on its ideology and its effect on Nigerian society.
8. Write a critical note on the Mullaperiyar dam controversy.
9. What do you understand by decolonization? How did it impact Asia and Africa, politically and culturally? Discuss.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Write a note on Project Persephone