03 May 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. Compare and contrast how Russian economy grew since the inception of communism and its subsequent fall later.
2. Examine the role of media in addressing gender disparities. Do you think Indian media is addressing this issue adequately? Comment.
3. Discuss why India’s services sector has outgrown manufacturing sector? Do you think it’s good for the Indian economy? Comment.
The Hindu (passing reference)
4. Critically bring out the relationship between ‘Big Data’ and security issues. Do you think governments should be empowered to access and collect Big Data at will to ensure security of their citizens? Comment.
5. “The contemporary practice of Public Interest Litigation (PILs) has atrophied and morphed into a format that has lost sight of this original political and constitutional justification.” Critically comment.
6. “India’s internal security infrastructure is severely anaemic.” Critically comment.
7. Critically comment on the role of Japan in escalating the World War – 2. Examine how Japan was made to surrender during the end of the War.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. What are the contentious issues regarding the draft Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Bill, 2013 (ART Bill)? What are its shortcomings? Examine.