01 May 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. What are P-Notes? Explain why does SEBI seek to regulate them?
2. Discuss the importance of digital infrastructure to India’s economy. Examine the problems being faced by this sector.
3. In the light of Myanmar’s recent decision to ban the export of raw timber, critically comment on the need for Myanmar to adopt sustainable growth strategy and its implications on regional ecology.
4. Comment on the growth of e-commerce sector in India. Do you think its growth and expansion is good for the economy? Explain.
5. “It is safe to say that amongst the India’s most pressing problems is its inability to generate anywhere close to the massive number of jobs that it needs to accommodate its very large and growing working-age population.” Critically examine what strategies needs to be adopted by governments to boost job creation.
6. Explain how the situation in Europe immediately following the fall of Germany led directly to the Cold War. In your opinion, should the Western Allies have acted to oppose Soviet domination of Eastern Europe? (from Sparknotes)
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. What do you understand by Antimicrobial resistance (AMR)? Why does it occur? What are its threats? Explain.
8. What are the reasons for declining bird’s population? Comment on the steps taken by GOI and global institutions to safeguard migratory and domestic species of birds.