Insights Secure-2014: Questions On Current Events And General Studies
30 April 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. What do you understand by purchasing power parity (PPP)? explain with examples. Do you think GDP per capita is good indicator to know the standard of living in an economy? Explain why.
2. The biggest problem that India’s judicial system faces is the enormous delays. Why does this problem persist? What are the solutions? Critically comment.
3. Do you think pornography is among the causes of increasing sexual offences against women? Should government ban websites showing it? Critically comment.
4. Why do you think current account and fiscal deficit figures have come down in recent months? Examine.
5. India’s roads have acquired a reputation, quite deservedly, of being the most dangerous in the world. Critically comment why? What measures are needed to ensure road safety? Examine.
6. Write a note on 1959 Antarctic Treaty.
7. Compare Wilson’s fourteen points and the November 11 Armistice agreement with the Versailles Treatry. In looking at the discrepancies in these documents do you agree with the statement that the Peace of Paris led to a second European conflict?
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. What is the recent issue regarding Whaling Program of Japan in Antarctic Ocean? Examine the role of International Convention for the regulation of Whaling( ICRW) and International Whaling Commission (IWC) in this regard.