09, April 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. Discuss the differences and similarities between Afghanistan’s and India’s system of government.
2. “The unprecedented and unique system of government controls built under the Indian version of socialism. This has resulted in pervasive and deep-rooted corruption. We need policy reforms that reduce the incentive for corruption and institutional reforms that catch, try and punish the corrupt.” Comment.
3. Explain the differences between GPS, IRNSS and GLONASS satellite systems.
4. What are the ethical concerns expressed regarding stem cell research and therapy? Are the justified? Comment.
5. What is Big Data? What are its uses?
6. With suitable examples, critically analyze the importance of improving connectivity in the North Eastern region.
7. Why do you think India’s GDP growth rate which was 8-9 percent a few years ago has been constantly decreasing? Comment.