02 April 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. Railways have been at the very heart of modern Chinese nationalism. Compare and contrast how railways have been used as a tool of economic progress and national integration in China and India.
2. What is Direct Tax Code (DTC)? Critically examine the provisions of draft DTC bill and explain the importance of requirement of such a code.
3. Write a note on the Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) scheme.
4. Critically comment on the Indra Sawhney judgment of 1992. Do you think the judgement needs revision? Substantiate.
5. Explain the importance of regional navigation satellite system for India. What has been India’s record so far in establishing such a system of its own?
6. Why was NATO set up? Critically comment on its role and activities after the end of cold war.
7. A recent study (India Human Development Survey (IHDS) of 2004-05) has found that the implementation of RTE and NRHM schemes have actually reversed the objectives of both the schemes. Critically comment on the reasons behind this reversal.
8. Critically comment on the contribution of Dr Ambedkar to the cause of Dalit empowerment.