29 March 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. Explain the scientific and strategic importance, and applications of Geo-synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-Mark III.
2. Write a short note on:
3. Critically comment on the factors that led to ‘independence’ movement in then East Pakistan. Are some of those lessons still relevant today in India or in neighboring countries? Examine.
4. Should internal politics guide India’s foreign policy decisions? In the light of recent examples, comment.
5. Critically discuss the present structure of PDS system in India and various reforms needed to make it robust in the wake of recent passage of food security bill.
6. What are the possible applications of artificially engineered new eukaryotic genomes? Explain