23, March 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. What are the weaknesses of India’s governance system? Critically discuss remedial measures needed to bring transparent and accountable governance to the people.
2. In the growing environment of free trade agreements between developed countries, what should be India’s priority – should it go for strengthening multilateral treaties or forge more bilateral treaties of its own in free trade with its neighbors and far away countries? Critically analyze.
3. It is said that India is simultaneously increasingly secure and increasingly paranoid about its national security. In the light of growing threats and increased capabilities to face such threats, critically analyze the opinion expressed in the first statement.
4. Write a note on Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana scheme. Do you think providing universal healthcare option in India is viable? Comment.
5. Examine the reasons behind China’s policy shift towards its west i.e. towards the Indian Ocean region.
6. What do you understand by insider trading? What measures has the government and regulatory bodies in India have taken to check this? Explain.