Insights Secure-2014: Questions On Current Events
Hearty congratulations to All the aspirants who got selected for the interview. Around 10 aspirants (might be more) who regularly wrote answers at ‘Daily Answer Writing Challenge– have got selected for the interview. One common thing that I observed in them is that they wrote answers consistently from day one to the last day. It proves that consistent hard work definitely pays. Insights team is proud of you guys. Here in Secure-2014, we can see few guys who are going to make news next year. And of course from our offline classes in Bangalore many more will make us proud (they really write a lot). Just never give up. Thank you.
12, March 2014
1. To decrease power deficit in India and meet the growing demand for power, it is imperative that power transmission infrastructure and energy efficiency be improved. How this can be done? Explain.
2. India added as many as 35 million jobs since 2000 in the rural non-farm, non-manufacturing sector which has emerged as the largest job creator. Is it a good trend? Examine the reasons behind this shift in employment.
3. Unless there is early focus on the critical challenges of governance, India’s long-term prospects will remain sub-optimal. In this context, What are the indispensable elements of efficient governance? Critically analyze.
4. Examine the effects of low spending on health sector by Indian government. Why is India not spending enough money on this crucial sector? Examine.
5. Examine the reasons behind stalling of US-India civil nuclear deal which was signed in 2008.
6. “The premise of carving out smaller States in India shifted from the formation of linguistic states to one of, since the 1990s, rearranging them on the basis of backwardness and a lack of development.” Elaborate. Do you think it’s a good shift? Comment.
7. In the light of new guidelines on stem cell research released by the Indian Council of Medical Research and the Department of Biotechnology, comment on the need for proper regulation of stem cell research in India.
8. What is infrasound? What are its sources? Explain why was it in news recently.