11, March 2014
1. If there is a proposal to convert post offices into bank branches to bring about financial inclusion, what would be the prospects and challenges of such a move by the government? Analyze.
2. Examine the factors that led to Indigo revolt. What were its effects?
3. Compare and contrast the Indigo revolt of 1859 and Champaran Satyagraha of 1916. Examine why Britishers forced Indian farmers to grow Indigo post-1910 in spite of the introduction of synthetic dye by then in Europe.
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of asking public sector banks to act as insurance brokers along with their banking functions? Is it counterproductive? Comment.
5. Does reducing inequality through redistribution hurt economic growth? What are the challenges to redistribution in India? Examine.
6. The Twelfth Five Year Plan has recommended that the governments develop satellite towns and twin cities near existing metropolises to manage growth. Do you think such an approach brings equitable growth to both rural and urban regions? Are there any other approaches? Comment.
7. Write a note on the proposed Central public sector enterprises (CPSE) Exchange Traded Fund (ETF).