The following is the changed pattern and new syllabus for the UPSC prelims 2011. Stop all gossiping. There won’t be any optional paper, the pattern has changed – and it is REAL.
Study well. All the best.
Civil Services (Prelim) Exam.-2011
From Civil Service Examination 2011, Preliminary Examination would consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper II. The syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination would be as under :
(Paper 1) (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs.
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayatiraj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
- General science.
(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
- English language comprehension skills (Class X level)