5) The Indian Constitution contains all such values, the values that are the universal, human and democratic of the modern age. Discuss.(250 words)
- January 2, 2019
- Posted by: InsightsIAS
- Category: INSIGHTS
Topic– Aptitude and foundational values for civil service.
5) The Indian Constitution contains all such values, the values that are the universal, human and democratic of the modern age.
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the various constitutional values enshrined in the constitution of India and try to analyze them as universal, humanistic and democratic.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the meaning and role of values of a person/ organisation.
Discuss the key constitutional values of Indian democratic republic. E.g
- Discuss the values enshrined in the preamble to the constitution- sovereignty, socialism, secularism, unity and integrity, liberty, equality, fraternity, dignity of an individual etc.
- Discuss some other important constitutional values- promotion of international peace and justice etc
- Discuss their importance vis a bis public services. E.g discuss how fraternity is an important value or discuss about equality and secularism etc. Mention how constitutional values form the bedrock of other values of a nation and how they are prim
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.