I. Answer all the following questions in about 400 words each: 2 x 20 = 40
1) Critically evaluate the process of economic planning in India.
2) “The major objectives of planning in India are not only broad but open-ended.” Elaborate.
II. Answer all the following questions in about 200 words each: 6 x 10 = 60
1) Highlight the importance of savings and investments in domestic resource mobilization.
2) The Tenth Five year plan clearly accepted the ‘agriculture sector,’ hitherto neglected in previous plans, as the Prime Moving Force of the Indian economy. What were its key suggestions for this sector and how did it highlight the importance of agriculture? Explain.
3) What do you understand by multi-level planning? Evaluate its performance.
4) What is a resource? Throw light on the various resources available for financing the plans in India.
5) What is deficit financing? What is its effect on the economy?
6) What are the sources of revenue for Panchayat Raj Institutions in India? How do they manage to mobilize resources to carry on developmental works?
Indian Music & Painting