Books On Ethics Aptitude and Integrity Available Now
Long awaited books on General Studies Paper V (Ethics, Aptitude and Integrity) are now available on Flipkart. There were books on the subject but they were not syllabus specific.
Now two books are of particular interest:
This book has many syllabus related chapters.
1. Introduction: Multi-Dimensionality of Ethical Governance
2. Code of Conduct for Public Servants
3. Value-Centric Civil Service
4. Probity in Public Life: A Holistic View
5. Ethical Concerns in Public Administration
6. Role of Ethics in Administration
7. The Spirit of Civil Service
8. Ailing System and its Cure
9. Challenging Corruption in the Indian Public Service
10. Fighting Corruption: A No End Game
11. Towards Corruption-free Sustainable Development: Challenges and Strategies
12. Corruption and Business: An Indian Perspective
13. Ethics of Corporate Governance: Lessons for Government
14. Ethical Issues in Governance: A Cross-Cultural H R Model
15. Assessing Moral Value for Recruitment to Higher Civil Services
16. Role of NGOs in Combating Corruption for Quality Governance
17. Summary of Recommendations of the Second Administrative Reforms Commission report on “Ethics in Governance”
It’s available on Flipkart
This book is written by two retired IAS officers one of whom was a Chief Secretary of Gujarat. This book is written specifically for UPSC Mains Paper – V.
It’s up for Pre-order now on Flipkart. Most of the topics in the book are from syllabus (not all). We don’t know the quality of writing, but it is better to buy this book than have nothing right now.
There are case studies in the end. As it’s written by senior most officers themselves, there will be some authenticity to the solutions provided to the case studies.
Available for Pre-order on Flipkart
Note: In 2 days, ‘How To Prepare for GS Paper – V’ will be posted on this blog. It was difficult to find credible materials for this paper. Somehow, I have found something to finally write an article on it. Thanks for all the patience.